All applications from international applicants should be completed through the Zhejiang University online application. If you require any information in an alternative format or are having trouble applying, please contact us directly for more information.
You should start my emailing your potential supervisor, as outlined on our PhD programme pages, with your project plan. Your supervisor should complete the Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU-UoE Professor and return it to you.
Once accepted by your Ph.D. supervisor, you will be required to send all application materials to ZJU main campus.
When you are ready to apply, you should begin by collecting the following documents:
- Application form - you should complete the online application form and then print and sign it. The application cost is 400RMB.
- Your supervisor acceptance form
- Academic transcripts during Master’s or Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest degree certificates which must be originals or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Certificate of English language qualification (IELTS or another equivalent. For applicants whose first language is not English or entry qualification is not English or entry qualification was not obtained in English)
- Personal statement, in English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Ph.D. project proposal. This should be pre-agreed with your prospective supervisor. Please also include the names of any other members of the supervisory team.
- Two formal recommendation letters from full or Associate Professors. It is your responsibility to obtain these letters from your referees with company/university letterhead, Professor signature, phone number and email address.
- Any published academic papers (if applicable)
- Copy of your payment receipt for the application form
- Photocopy of your passport (international students only)
- Recent passport photograph (white background 35mm x 45mm)
You should send PDF copies of all documents to your supervisor and our Admissions Advisor: email@example.com. Once we have received your documents, you should receive a confirmation email. You will then send your documents to the following address by mail. You should mark your application as 'Doctoral Degree Programme Application Materials - International Campus'. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues with your application.
Address: 4500/3504, International College Building Yuquan Campus Zhejiang University Hangzhou China, 310027
Your application will be reviewed by the Institute Executive at ZJE, and you will normally be invited to complete an interview with a panel. If accepted, we will send your offer letter through email, along with any conditions, and scholarship details. Please note that there are additional steps when applying for scholarships, your Admissions Advisor will discuss these with you when you apply.
Once your application has been screened and passed, it will move to the review stage. During this stage, a panel will review your application and will give you either an unconditional offer, conditional offer or rejection letter based on your academic qualifications.
We aim to provide a response to your application within 45 days of submission.
Application deadline for 2018 entry has now passed. We will open applications for 2019 in September 2018.